25 October 2010

extra-long spooky post!

happy halloween everyone!  i love halloween because i always feel like dressing up, but this is the one time of year where i can do it without looking like a total idiot.  this year i'm a peacock and i get to stick my hair straight up.  it's awesome.  well anyways, this is a super-de-duper special post because we have two guest gloves joining us today.  my brother steve found the first glove on a dark sidewalk in palms.

 "Murder was in the air.  What other explanation could there be for the haphazard nature of this glove's disposal without the company of it's twin?  As I strode to the apartment of an acquaintance, something about this item screamed that I must rescue it from the sidewalk's cruel clutches and deliver it to my sister for further study and rehabilitation."


here's the second glove, found by my good friend lindsey (see: glove cake) somewhere in orange county.  i'm not fancy and so can't upload this photo from my phone to the computer.  this was the best i could do.  lindsey e-mailed me a story to accompany the picture (edited but left mostly intact)
 Glove Story: Hello beautiful friend, I found this riding glove stranded by its lonesome outside of Trader Joes in Irvine.  I walked past it and did a double-take to make sure its mate and owner were not to be seen.  Of course, I thought of you instantly, snapped a picture with my phone, and picked it up!  Now I'm sure you will transform it into a majestic new creature.


hokay, so since it's october and halloween is next weekend, i felt it more than appropriate to make a spooky frankenstein-ish glove doll fit for the holiday.  i transformed the diesel glove from steve, into a vampirenstein with many legs and two bloody fangs.  ethel, the glove from lindsey, became a spooky spiky cape.  





have you ever seen such an adorable monster?  Deathel will kill you with cuteness!!!  and don't worry, he doesn't bite (unless you aren't looking).





happy halloweeeeeeen!

glovekin!




No comments:

Post a Comment